South River on the Half Shell: Thursday, May 9, 2019
It’s an evening of fun, good food, open bar, live music, silent and live auctions, and (for those of you who partake) all the local oysters you can eat.
Big changes this year:
- Day of the week: Not Saturday, but THURSDAY
- Date: May 9 – late enough for those of you who are returning from down South, but early enough to be BCYC’s first water event,
- Venue: Historic (1750) Londontowne Publik House on the South River.
- Arrive by either boat or land yacht
- Anchor for the night in Almshouse Creek
Yes: There’s a generous the buffet table in addition to the oysters. And it’s still for a good cause—supporting the Arundel River Federation program to restore and maintain the South, Rhodes, & West Rivers. For more info about the Federation’s program: http://www.arundelrivers.org/restoration/
Again this year both you and BCYC will be recognized as sponsors. That gets you a discounted ticket for just $45 (a portion of which will be tax deductible).
Comments from previous years:
- Richard Sanger: “Yumm!”
- John Yates: “Slurp!”
- Molly Stone: “I like the desserts!”
THURSDAY, May 9, 6 - 10 pm
Historic Londontowne & Gardens
By land: 839 Londontowne Road Edgewater, MD 21037
By water: Rendezvous in Almshouse Creek (38° 56.460 N; 76° 32.825 W): After entering South River, continue up-river from red flashing “4” about 3.8 nm, then turn left BEFORE green flashing “15” into Almshouse Creek. Rear Commodore Chuck Kahle will be monitoring VHF 68 for those who are coming by Sea.
Register: though the BCYC website by Monday, May 6. Admission is by a list of names at the door—so please add the name(s) of any guest(s) you plan to bring.
Hosts: Cindy & Westbrook Murphy