Maryland Yacht Club Cruise
Join your friends old and new for an informal three day cruise to the Maryland Yacht Club for a weekend of fun and relaxation. Come early and enjoy the view by the swimming pool or just relax under a shade tree! Feel free to bring your coolers and snacks to the grounds and pool area, however if the bar is open, then no alcoholic beverages are permitted at the pool
Slips are available at MYC:
Rates: $1.50/ft, Electric $5/30amp, $10/50amp.
To reserve go to Maryland Y.C. Docwa
MYC monitors VHF Channel 13.
Anchoring out is also possible near the club.
Signup Deadline July 14, 2019
Cruise Weekend Events
Friday July 19 Impromptu Anchor Out In Eagle Cove
Host Leila Wagner
Impromptu anchor out in Eagle Cove, near Gibson Island in the Magothy River. This is an informal raft-up. If you plan on attending, bring heavy appetizers and your libation of choice. Please contact Leila if you are interested. Email Leila
Saturday July 20 Dinner at Maryland Yacht Club
Hosts: Leila Wagner and Marty Fischbach
5:00 pm - Join Leila and Marty for Happy Hour at the Beach Front Pavilion bring appetizers and your drink, Ice and water provided.
6:00pm- Dinner includes, Pit Turkey, Pit Beef, Garden Salad with dressing, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans, Rolls, and Sheet Cake or Assorted Pies for dessert. Bring your own drink. Ice and water will be provided
8:00pm - Beachfront Bonfire is possible. Please bring your own chairs.
Sunday, July 21 Continental Breakfast Beach Front Pavilion
8:30am - Wake up early, smell the coffee and join your fellow members at the Beach Front Pavilion for assorted breakfast breads and coffee.
“ONE IF BY LAND…
- Route 695 (Baltimore Beltway) to Route 10 South (exit 2).
- Route 10 South to Route 100 East, toward Gibson Island.
- Turn left on Magothy Bridge Road and continue on Hog Neck Road.
- Go to second trafic light to tee, turn right onto Ft. Smallwood Road.
- Travel on Ft Smallwood Road for 2.3 miles, turn left onto Fairview Beach Road.
- Travel on Fairview Beach Road to very end.
“TWO IF BY SEA”
- Enter Patapsco River.
At mouth of Patapsco River turn to port after passing Brewerton Channel marker green “5”.
- Proceed on course 244 degrees Magnetic, passing the white rocks on your starboard.
- Proceed into Rock Creek.
- Maryland Yacht Club sits on your port side after passing between red day marker “4” and lighted green day marker “3”.