As your Commodore for year 2020, I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very happy and safe New Year.
We enter our 19th year as the premier virtual yacht club on the Chesapeake Bay with our club continuing to flourish bringing fun and camaraderie to the membership through our many social land and on-the-water events held both in our home sailing port in the Annapolis area and in Stuart, Florida.
For 2020 we have a great team of Officers, Committee Chairs, Event Directors, Board of Governors and many Members working diligently to plan, organize and host more than 40 events this year! I would especially call your attention to the following members:
- Gail Higginbotham-Social Director Land Events North;
- Lynn Egan-Cruise Director for Water Events;
- Madi Yates-Social Director Land Events South;
- Justin Tindale-Fleet Captain for Water Events.
Be sure to check your emails and the club website regularly for all the exciting upcoming events planned for YOU this year! In addition to our bi-monthly events, we have four special events for which you should definitely mark your calendars. They are the highlights of the season!
- Change of Watch Ball to be held at the Graduate Hotel (formerly Lowes Annapolis) on West Street;
- Our traditional Lobster Feast on Crab Creek; and,
- Our Spring and Fall Cruises to near and far destinations.
Since we are a hands on club, I would also like to ask that if you plan to attend an event and would like to have some fun giving a hand, please contact the event Host or Director to see what you can do.
Pat and I are looking forward to sharing a splendid boating season of Fair Winds and Following Seas with you.
Best Wishes and Up the Creek!
Tom Bernhart, Commodore